Choosing our Route West
What are the routes pioneers took to go west? How did the physical environment effect the routes?
Now is the time to choose our route west! Which way will we go? Where will our wagon train end up?
Research the different routes pioneers took. Think about these questions as you are researching:
1. Where would we be headed?
2. What are some of the benefits of taking this route?
3. What are some of the hardships of taking this route?
4. How long would it take us to reach our destination?
5. What are some of the physical characteristics of this route? How might this effect our travel?
Be ready to share your route and explain why our class should take your route. We will vote on the route we want to take!